The Anambra State COVID-19 Action Recovery and Economic Stimulus (A-CARES) program have been Inaugurated in Anambra State. The A-CARES program which was Inaugurated on November 17, 2020 at a ceremony in Awka was presided over by the Chairman of Anambra State Steering Committee of the A-CARES, Hon. Mark Okoye, the Honourable Commissioner for Economic Planning, Budget and Development Partners.
CARES being a World Bank Assisted program, is a short-term response to the economic crisis affecting states in Nigeria. It is designed to support budgeted government interventions at the state level- targeting existing, and newly vulnerable /poor households, agricultural value chains, and micro and small enterprises (MSEs) affected by the economic crisis.
To ensure that implementation of the Anambra CARES is in line with the state's development plan, a Steering Committee made up of robust Heads of key MDAs were carefully selected by the governor, HE, Chief Willie Maduaburochukwu Obiano, particularly due to the important role the MDAs plays in the recovery of the state economy.
Members of Anambra State Steering Committee of the CARES programme are:
- Hon. Commissioner of Economic Planning, Budget and Development Partners. - Chairman
- Hon. Commissioner of Justice
- Hon. Commissioner of Women, Children and Social Welfare
- Hon. Commissioner of Agriculture and Rural Development
- Hon. Commissioner of Industry, Trade and Commerce
- Hon. Commissioner Local Government and Chieftaincy Matters
- Hon. Commissioner Environment
- Hon. Commissioner of Lands
- Hon. Commissioner of Information
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of EBDP
- Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Finance
- General Manager, Anambra CSDA
- Project Coordinator, FADAMA
- Managing Director/CEO, State Cash Transfer Unit (SCTU)
- State Coordination Unit -- Secretariat
(11/14/2018 9:00 AM - 11/26/2026 10:00 AM)
(11/15/2018 9:00 AM - 11/30/2028 9:30 AM)
(8/4/2020 - 9/2/2022)
(8/6/2020 - 9/4/2022)
(8/8/2020 - 9/6/2022)
(8/10/2020 - 9/8/2022)
(8/12/2020 - 9/10/2022)
(8/14/2020 - 9/12/2022)
(8/24/2020 - 8/24/2030)
Osun Governor Commissions Osun CSDP Assisted Projects
The Governor of the State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola, has kick – started the commissioning of CSDP assisted projects.
Kabiyesi, Aragbiji of Iragbiji paid advocacy visit to Osun CSDP
One of the paramount Traditional Rulers in the State of Osun, His Royal Highness Oba Abdul Rashid Olabomi, the Aragbiji of Iragbiji led a team of 20 Traditional Leaders often referred to as ‘Baales’ in local Yoruba language and Three High Chiefs to the State Agency for Community and Social Development Project (Osun CSDP) to garner support for communities within his jurisdiction.
Skill Acquisition centre, Igbokoda
A Group of Secondary School Dropouts engaged in economic activities
Prosperity Group is a group formed by a set of Secondary School students,
who dropped out of school due to non availability of fund and assistance,
in Igbokoda town of Ilaje Local Government area of Ondo State.